by Transition Solutions
Are you considering taking a break from your job search over the holidays? Do you think companies are waiting until January 1st to start recruiting for their open positions?
Don’t believe no one hires in December. Hiring may slow down, but it certainly doesn’t stop.
Make the most of you job search efforts this December leveraging the tips below for networking through the holidays in 2020. You can also join our Live mini webinar on Thursday 12/3!
At Transition Solutions we help our clients navigate workforce changes and career transitions. Our flexible, customized programs meet the objectives of organizations of all sizes, industries and locations while providing employees in transition with a supportive, personalized and comprehensive program that meets their needs.
Here are our Five Tips for successfully networking through the holiday in 2020:
1. Holiday networking will look different. You might not have the big holiday parties, large cookie swaps, large number of in-person gatherings overall, but you’ll likely still have smaller events, gift exchanges, outside gatherings and of course Zoom meetings! Networking might look different, but these opportunities remain important in making connections and finding out about job opportunities.
2. Don’t believe that no one hires in December. Hiring may slow, but it doesn’t stop! In fact, because many job seekers do stop applying, there is actually MORE opportunity because there is LESS competition!
3. Be patient. The hiring process can be slower during the holidays, so scheduling interviews with hiring managers can be tougher due to vacations, but they can still certainly take place.
4. Keep your daily activity levels strong! Even if companies are not giving offers in December, they are likely still doing interviews and if you wait until January 1st, they may have already selected their candidate. Set daily goals such as 2-3 calls per week. The holidays provide a built-in excuse to connect. Don’t miss the opportunity to genuinely value the relationships in your life.
5. If you are asked about your job search at holiday events, be POSITIVE! Remember that you are defined by who you are and what you do, not by this current career transition. Be prepared to answer where you work and what you do with something like, “I have worked at some great places, most recently ABC company.”
So remember, even in 2020, many companies have their budgets for the New Year and are recruiting in December for January starts. Looking in January is looking too late.
At Transition Solutions, we’ve been helping organizations and individuals with outplacement needs for 30 years. We have developed a robust personalized and customized approach to every situation. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart.
If you would like more information on our services please check out our website at www.transitionsolutions.com or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org