Are you considering taking a break from your job search over the holidays? Do you think companies are waiting until after January 1st to start recruiting for their open positions?
Don’t believe no one hires in December. Hiring may slow down, but it certainly doesn’t stop and many decisions are made even if they aren’t implemented until January. Make the most of your job search efforts this holiday season, leveraging the tips below for networking through the holidays.
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for 35 years.
Here are our Five Tips for successfully networking and conducting your job search through the holiday’s:
- Holiday networking will look different. Whether you prefer the big holiday parties, large cookie swaps, large number of in-person gatherings, etc. or you like the smaller events, gift exchanges, outside gatherings and of course Zoom meetings! For introverts and extraverts alike, these opportunities remain important in making connections and finding out about job opportunities.
- Don’t believe that no one hires in December. Hiring may slow, but it doesn’t stop! In fact, because many job seekers do stop applying, there is actually MORE opportunity because there is LESS competition!
- Be patient. The hiring process can be slower during the holidays, so scheduling interviews with hiring managers can be tougher due to vacations, but they can still certainly take place.
- Keep your daily activity levels strong! Even if companies are not giving offers in December, they are likely still doing interviews and if you wait until January 1st, they may have already selected their candidate. Set daily goals such as 2-3 calls per week. The holidays provide a built-in excuse to connect. Don’t miss the opportunity to genuinely value the relationships in your life.
- If you are asked about your job search at holiday events, be POSITIVE! Remember that you are defined by who you are and what you do, not by this current career transition. Be prepared to answer where you work and what you do with something like, “I have worked at some great places, most recently ABC company.”
Keep in mind, many companies have their budgets for the 2023 New Year and are recruiting in December for January starts. Looking in January is looking too late!
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for 35 years. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart.
If you would like more information on our services, please check out our website at https://www.transitionsolutions.com/ or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at email@example.com