Are you considering applying for a job in the public sector?
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals plan for workforce changes and deliver outplacement services for over 30 years. We provide career coaching services that can help clients transition from the private to the public sector. There are a lot of opportunities in the public sector. In fact, per the latest U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report there were over 1 million federal and state level government jobs available.
So how do you find the available government jobs? There are many websites to assist with identifying state, local and federal jobs. ZipJob shared the top sites listed below.
- USAJobs: The official U.S. government job site that includes openings for volunteer positions, internships, and jobs across the full spectrum of the United States government.
- Careers in Government: Tool to locate open government positions and gain access to key information about hiring policy changes, resume posting, email alerts, and other invaluable resources. Jobs can be searched by location, category, or government office.
- GovtJobs.com: Helps professionals find the best job opportunities at every level of government across the U.S. In addition to an easy user interface, the site provides a host of resources. Those resources include details about salary, job descriptions, qualifications, interview tips, and more.
- CareerOneStop: Is a source for career exploration, training, and jobs sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor. This site include resources such as the Veterans Job Matcher, job banks, and resources for military and veterans to transition to civilian jobs.
- Indeed: A well-known job search site that offers access to open private sector and government positions. Resumes can be uploaded, but applicants should be prepared to complete any agency’s specific application process as well. They also shared a useful blog on the pros and cons for working for the government here.
- GovernmentJobs.com: An easy-to-use portal that can help would-be public service workers locate job opportunities at the federal, state, and local level. Using the search feature, candidates can find open positions and begin their application process. Detailed job postings include salary information, qualifications, and other relevant details.
Often skills and experiences from the private sector can be applied to public sector roles. Leverage the websites above to learn more about government opportunities.
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for thirty years. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart.
If you would like more information on our services please check out our website at https://www.transitionsolutions.com/ or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at email@example.com.Be sure to follow our LinkedIn company page where we share advice for companies and individuals going through workforce changes at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/transition-solutions/!