Are you facing tough decisions to reduce your workforce and looking for assistance to secure leadership support to include outplacement services?
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes and outplacement services for 30 years. Many leaders often consider outplacement services primarily benefitting impacted employees, since these services are typically given to workers who have been laid off to help them land new jobs more quickly and easily. But offering outplacement provides many benefits for employers as well.
If you are a HR manager seeking to gain the approval of your leaders to provide outplacement services to employees impacted by workforce changes, here are the top 10 reasons why this benefit is worth the investment.
From the company perspective, providing outplacement services provides the following benefits:
- Sense of responsibility to the employee. Shows organization is taking steps to help care for employees once they leave by providing career services.
- Value add to the severance package. Services represent enhanced benefit to the transitioning employee.
- Reduction of anger by impacted employees and remaining teammates. It is a show of support to the transitioning employee. The “survivor” employees also see how they are being supported while in transition. This value add can also minimize the threat of lawsuits.
- Positive impact on company brand. This helps to minimize impact on future recruitment efforts. Perception of a caring organization.
- Quicker and more effective turnaround to the future. Transition support allows the impacted employee to move quickly towards looking forward, not getting “stuck” in what has happened. This allows the organization to move forward with less “negotiation” and negative feedback.
From the individual perspective, providing outplacement services provides the following benefits:
- Maximizes the employee job market value by preparing them. Services include developing job marketing plan, resume, LinkedIn profile, interview skills and more. They are prepared for the current job market and address it at their highest value from the beginning.
- Less Stress and Worry – The personalized support provides them the feeling that “I am going to be okay”. This can also lead to reduction of potential “Bad” behavior – reactions.
- Significant reduction in “fleeing” – leaving company without a job.
- Employees able to maximize value in job market can reflect positively on company’s reputation.
- Counsel for employee to all available funding. Outplacement support includes an expertise and understanding of all market benefits and connections to them.
At Transition Solutions, we’ve developed a robust personalized and customized approach to planning and executing every situation. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart as one of our recent client shares below.
“Best in the industry…Highly personalized one to one service combined with the best technology available.” – SVP, HR, Leading Global Consumer Goods Firm
If you would like more information on our services or additional information on planning for employee separations please check out our website at https://www.transitionsolutions.com/outplacement-employers/ or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.