Are you considering offering outplacement support in the future as part of workforce changes?
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals plan for workforce changes and delivering outplacement services for 30 years.
What are Outplacement Services? Outplacement services are a benefit given by a company to departing employees with the goal to support them with their career transitions. In most cases, a company engages an experienced outplacement services company to provide career transition assistance to outgoing employees, including coaching, access to career search tools, and advice to help them find new jobs more quickly and easily.
Offering your employees outplacement services is valuable to them and your company. Below we share a few common mistakes employers make when considering and evaluating an outplacement program.
- Not offering outplacement support to save on costs. We understand that companies might be reluctant to add the expense of outplacement services. Yet this short-term view fails to take into account all the money the company can lose by not investing in outplacement. Outplacement services can help companies save money by lowering unemployment claims, protecting the employer brand with employees, customers and future hires. The value of these benefits can far exceed the initial cost.
- Offering outplacement services without a notification/communication plan. Workforce changes and notification are difficult for HR leaders, managers and employees. Thus, it is helpful to train managers and members of HR departments so they are aware of the full outplacement offering and know how to deliver the information. This way, both the company and exiting employees get the full benefits of the outplacement program. We offer a free separation guide to help you plan.
- Assuming employees don’t want outplacement counseling. Although employees might not ask for outplacement support, most people offered outplacement do take advantage of the service. At Transition Solutions, employees with access to our career services experience better results below.
- 85% Land faster than those without support from Transition Solutions
- 80% Experience higher salary and/or improved work/life balance in their next position.
- 100% Ongoing support for all clients with career care
At Transition Solutions, we’ve developed a robust personalized and customized approach to helping you with workforce changes. We are experts in planning and executing every outplacement situation and helping individuals achieve their career goals. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart from the competition. If you would like more information on our services please check out our website at https://www.transitionsolutions.com/ or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at email@example.com.