Have you ever considered “gig” work?
Brodmin recently shared estimates that the global Gig Economy is expected to grow from $204 billion in 2018 to $455 billion in 2023, that’s a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 17.4%! In addition, the number of US freelance workers is steadily increasing and estimated to grow from 57 to 86 million by 2027.
What is the “gig” economy? At Transition Solutions, we define a “gig” as a job with alternative work arrangements that provides more flexibility and autonomy. These types of opportunities could be part-time, temporary, remote, contract, seasonal, or traditional “gig” which tends to be project based.
We work hard to help our clients navigate today’s complex and ever changing career landscape to find the right job opportunity. A “gig” can be the perfect fit and below we share ways to find them:
- Leveraging your network is a great approach! Reach out to your connections or find new ways to network such as volunteering or joining a professional association specific to your industry.
- Hottest freelance opportunities right now are: Web Design, Programming, IT, Multi-Media Production and Content Writing. Identify if you have skills that can take advantages of these trends.
- Part-time jobs or contract opportunities can help you break into a new industry. If you are looking to shift industries, but have limited connections, taking part-time or contract work can help open doors.
- Temporary opportunities can be a great way to test out a company before you commit. Reach out to local staffing companies about temporary opportunities. With staffing shortages, many companies are open to temporary employees to help fill the gaps.
The Balance Small Business shared that it’s estimated by 2023, 52% of the U.S. workforce will either be gig workers or have worked independently at some point in their career. What’s more, 48% of millennials use gig job platforms to find work or engage in business with clients.
They reviewed nearly two dozen gig and freelance job sites and chose the best based on reputation, career or job focus, ease of use, and cost. Here are the Balance Small Business top picks.
Best Sites to Find Gig Jobs of 2022
- Best Overall: Upwork
- Runner-Up, Best Overall: Freelancer
- Best for Experienced Gig Workers: Guru
- Best for Moonlighting: TaskRabbit
- Best for IT Professionals: Toptal
- Best for Remote Jobs: FlexJobs
- Best for Creatives: Fiverr
Not sure of your next career move? Consider taking advantage of the growing gig economy to find your next dream job.
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for thirty-five years. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart.
If you would like more information on our services please check out our website at https://www.transitionsolutions.com/ or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at email@example.com.
Be sure to follow our LinkedIn company page where we share advice for companies and individuals going through workforce changes at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/transition-solutions/!