Have you considered exploring alternatives to a full time position?
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for 30 years.
With people continuing to leave their jobs are record rates in the current trend known as the “Great Resignation,” many new workers have turned to considering alternatives to the traditional full-time position. In fact, nearly 4.4 million Americans quit their jobs in February per the U.S. Department of Labor. That’s about 100,000 more people than quit in January, and just shy of the 4.5 million record set in November.
The “gig” economy was already growing before the pandemic. At Transition Solutions, we define a “gig” as a job with alternative work arrangements that provides more flexibility and autonomy. These types of opportunities could be part-time, temporary, contract, seasonal, or traditional “gig” which tends to be project based.
Per Forbes, “The gig economy was already a thing long before the pandemic hit. Modest estimations suggested that 50% of the U.S workforce will have engaged in gig work by 2027.”
We work hard to help our clients navigate today’s complex and ever changing career landscape to find the right job opportunity. A “gig” can be the perfect fit and below are a few top ways to find them:
- Leveraging your network is always the best path! Find new ways to network from volunteering to being a guest speaker to joining a professional association specific to your industry. Identify how your skills can add value and get paid for it!
- Part-time jobs or contract opportunities can help you break into a new industry! They can be found on most job boards like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, Flexjobs, Zip Recruiter, Guru and Indeed.
- Temporary opportunities can be a great way to test out a company before you commit! The best resource for these types of roles are typically staffing agencies, but job boards like Indeed, Zip Recruiter and Flexjobs.com can also list temporary jobs.
- Remote work is here to stay and many ideal for many employees. Great resources for these opportunities are: Jobspresso.co, Remote.co, Ratracerebellion.com and Skipthedrive.com.
- Seasonal work is not just based around weather! Check out Backdoorjobs.com for short term job adventures.
Gig work can be a wonderful way to bring together your professional skills with your personal passions and find work that is more meaningful.
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for thirty years. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart. If you would like more information on our services please check out our website at https://www.transitionsolutions.com/ or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at email@example.com.