Did you know that identity thieves target job seekers, knowing they may be more vulnerable to unknowingly divulge personal information?
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for 35 years.
During your job search, you find yourself sharing your information about who you are, where you live, where you have worked…and that is part of the process….but unscrupulous identity thieves know this too, and will be devious in their means to use that information to their advantage, not yours!
Below are a few best practices for you to follow, to keep your identity safe and out of the wrong hands!
Limit the amount of personal information you provide on your resume.
- Include your name, 1 phone number, 1 email address and a link to your LinkedIn URL.
- You can include city/state, but a specific street address is not necessary.
- Do not include marital status or birth date
Keep track of where you are posting and submitting your resume.
- This may be daunting, yes, but will keep you more prepared for when a recruiter/hiring manager reaches out and you can note that you did send your resume to that company or post it on that job board.
A recruiter has reached out to you?
Research that recruiter AND their company! Let’s make sure the job is REAL
- Do they have an active/valid website?
- Do they have a business-related email address? (vs an email address that ends in @gmail.com or a free/personal email domain)
- Are they on LinkedIn?
- If none of the above…this MAY be a scam to get your contact information.
Be sure that your computer operating system is up-to-date on malware protection to prevent hacking or phishing scams.
Do not follow links or open attachments sent in random texts or emails
Keep your passwords secure!
- Don’t use the same password for all accounts.
- Periodically change your passwords.
Diligence is a mission critical skill to utilize throughout your job search. Tracking your activities and recording your actions will help prevent anyone from accessing your personal information.
At Transition Solutions, we have been helping companies and individuals with workforce changes for thirty-five years. Our strong reputation for consistently delivering exceptional service at value sets us apart.
If you would like more information on our services, please check out our website at https://www.transitionsolutions.com/ or you can contact us directly at 888-424-0003 or email us at email@example.com.
Be sure to follow our LinkedIn company page where we share advice for companies and individuals going through workforce changes at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/transition-solutions/